Providing you with the advice you need to make the right choices in life.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Elder Law
  4.  » Special Needs Trusts

Special Needs Trusts

Special needs planning is when an individual requires long-term care and planning regardless of age.

Cases of special needs planning can be due to birth-related issues, progressive genetic issues, or even an accident with long-term and severe consequences.

Special needs planning requires financial remedies such as trusts, health care planning, or household and residence planning. A special-needs individual may also need plans for updates to guardianship. Family members and parents who are legal guardians will age, require assistance themselves, and pass on. Guardians should consider and plan for the future care for their ward.

Guardianships Are Another Option For Protecting Your Loved Ones

At The Law Offices of Nicole J. Zuvich, P.C., we often work with families who have not planned and are dealing with aging parents who require assistance to get the care they need. When a client becomes incapacitated, we go to guardianship court if they had not prepared for the possibility or even passed away without a will.

Nicole and her associates are adept in litigating cases where an incapacitated person’s health, finances and general well-being may be at risk. Our lawyers and supporting staff are knowledgeable in the interplay of guardianship rules, Medicaid rules, inheritance, taxes and other potential issues that could adversely impact the incapacitated person.

It is never too early to start the process of planning for the future. Having your advance directives in place can save your family pain and confusion. The decisions you make now are not your final say. These are all living documents. You can change, update and modify documents as your age and circumstances change.

Discuss Your Family’s Needs With An Attorney

We have the skills, knowledge and compassion necessary to assist you with planning for yourself, an aging loved one or a family member with special needs. Call 631-840-6580 to schedule a consultation. From our offices in Babylon and Garden City, we represent clients throughout Long Island, the Five Boroughs, Suffolk County and the surrounding areas.